29 May 2011

I love my Mom.


A wonderful weekend was just icing on the cupcake after such a great week. Especially because my mom took time out of her busy schedule to come visit me.

On Friday - we ate at Woodlands, saw a movie, had a sleepover, and stayed up late gossiping like teenagers. On saturday, I took her to all of my favorite places around Boone. I think it's safe to say that she fell in love with this town. I told her that should should come live with me. If that doesn't happen, I told her to convince my Dad that moving to the mountains would make for the perfect post-retirement plan.

Saturday, we woke up on her time (aka 6:45am), but she graciously let me get another hour of sleep before starting the day. By 8:30, we were admist the morning crowd at the Farmer's Market. Coffee in hand, we gawked at colorful flowers and veggies, sampled cheeses, dips, and spreads, and admired the craft stands. The later afternoon consisted of eating yummy bagel sandwiches, thrifting, outlet shopping, purchasing 4 "scoops of calm", and walking around until our feet hurt.

"Scoops of Calm" = dried lavendar from Bless Your Heart - the cutest boutique I have ever stepped foot into. They had complimentary lemonaide, bookmarks, and tissue paper poppies for Memorial Day. Adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment