23 May 2011

Back in the spring of things.

I knew I chose this apartment for a reason.

There I was, mid January, wondering why we chose this location over our other choice (which was 10 feet from my main building). Instead, I have a 10 minute walk to the Convo Center. Mind you, I feel very blessed to live within easy walking distance this year. Last year, my roommate and I took the bus back and forth, atleast 3 times a day. Combine crazy bus drivers that don't know how to drive on ice with sketchy characters that like to invade your personal bubble and freak you out and you get...the Appalachain Appalcart System. If you're ever in Boone, do not take the Green Route. Traumatic.

10 minutes is a perfect little walk, but the winter's blizzard conditions made it no bueno. Now that it is spring time, I am happy to walk to class again!

So happy, that I might even turn those 10 minutes into 12 minutes and take a little detour, just so I can stroll along the pretty pickett fence that surrounds Dan'l Boone Inn. Our street is covered in pretty flowers.

Or, I might just play hookie and plop myself down on that little bench with a book that is NOT entitled "Physiology of Sport and Exercise". Raise your hand if you think that textbooks are overrated. Both of my hands are raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment