22 May 2011

Happy Campers.



Our first camping trip of the season was this weekend! I've mentioned this before, but I became a lot more "granola" when I moved to the mountains. These days, I enjoy being outdoorsy - for a short period of time atleast. Heck, I even own Chacos.

We hiked to my favorite overlook along the parkway (Beacon Heights), and laughed at our boyfriends who were pretending to be Bear Grylls. We picniced for lunch, and smoked hotdogs for dinner. Also, it's a known fact that you can't go camping without making s'mores. Duh. But, we took it a step further and made banana boats! Banana boats are kind of like the banana split of camping - minus the ice cream. Instead, add giant marshmallows, and chocolate bars. Wrap in tin foil, and throw in the fire. Roast. Unwrap, and add crumbled graham crackers. Eat.

Despite the inevitable daddy long legs and sketchy outhouses that remind you of a scene from a horror film -it was a fun weekend. It seems my 1 year in Girl Scouts paid off. I'm pretty much a pro at this sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment