02 February 2013

Charlie!


At one point during our quick weekend trip, we were driving in the car to breakfast - windows rolled down, sun beaming in, seatbelt off (only because it was broken) and all of a sudden one of those songs came on the radio. You know, one of those songs from the 90s that you might not remember until you hear it - but automatically exclaim "Ahhh I love this song!" as soon as the familar tune hits your ears. Then, of course, you forget about it all over again once the music stops. I already forgot which song we listened to, but it was definitely a Pool Song. I used to live at the pool during the summer months, and they always played the best music. Think Goo Goo Dolls, Train, Lifehouse, Aerosmith, Edwin McCain, Third Eye Blind, etc.

Anyways - that moment made me long for some warmer weather back home. We had perfect weather this past weekend. Not warm, but sunny with a slight breeze. I like visiting Charleston in the winter - it is merry and bright.

Back to eating breakfast - we went to Toast! Apparently all of of the best breakfast places are called Toast. Tea time at this particular Toast reminded me of tea time at Dan'l Boone Inn. Too cute for words, and the perfect start to our busy day tooling around town.

This busy day included: A trip across the bridge to Sullivan's Island, a visit with my grandmother (so special of my friends to come with me), walking around the battery, discovering an antique mall in Mt. Pleasant, taking lots of pictures, stopping for praline samples at every sweet shop, and later - drinks on the town.

I need to live there one day. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment