04 January 2012

Two projects.

My latest gem: DIY anthro-inspired necklace!

I made one for a Christmas present, but had left over supplies so I made one for myself as well.

I had some trouble finding perfect beads for the project (Michael's only had a plastic tub of multi-colored ones and I didn't want to settle). So, I improvised and stained unfinished wood beads myself with some hardwood flooring stain that I found in our cabinet! It took longer to stain the beads than to make the necklace, which I strung together using wire - sans directions, after realizing that this pin from pinterest wasn't a tutorial.

Regardless, I think it turned out cute. :)


Next up: Collage wall


Yesterday, Kristin and I took a day trip to The Depot. Yes, it took the better part of our day to wander the entire warehouse and I'm not complaining! I mainly wanted a happy dose of inspiration, but was pleased to find a collection of perfectly shabby frames. The right side of my room was off balance, and I've always loved a good collage wall. Once I find something to go inside of the big teal frame, it will be complete! I'm thinking a print from Rifle Paper Co. 

2 comments:

  1. Your bedroom is SO CUTE- I love the frames! Actually- I just might steal that idea from you for over our couch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. {also: the word that I just had to type in the little box to confirm that I was a real person was "scaby" -- what?! & also ew}

    ReplyDelete