10 January 2012

Home away from home.

Spanish moss, vintage cruisers, and little details.
Rainbow houses and cobblestone streets.
Towering steeples, palmettos, secret gardens, and wrought iron gates.

Colorful window boxes, park benches, and a favorite lowcountry treat - benne wafers!

I love living in North Carolina. Especially because you can drive 2 hours in one direction and find yourself nestled in the mountains, under starry skies. Or, drive 3 hours in the opposite direction, and you're in the sunny lowcountry! Visiting Charleston kind of feels like visiting a foreign country. There isn't another place quite like it.

My cousin is about to have a baby (!!), so my aunt hosted the cutest little baby shower for her this weekend. On Saturday morning, mom and I ventured a few hours south for yet another 24 hour trip to Charleston. I'm glad we got to walk around before heading back home. Sometimes I just want to hide in one of those secret gardens and never leave this pretty place! 

No comments:

Post a Comment