11 December 2011

Weekend.



Everything feels more seasonal and festive in Boone - probably because the town is covered in snow 7 months out of the year, which only adds to it's charm. Stick Boy, my favorite quick-stop for hot tea and (amazing) cookies, was decorated with handmade ornaments. The only thing that has been on my mind lately is Christmas crafting.

On Saturday, Bud and I drove out to Todd NC, mainly to admire the rustic scenery and stay toasty in the car. It's always a good 10-15 degrees cooler, and I'm rarely prepared for the wind chill. I was tempted to stop at one of the many Christmas Tree farms we passed along the way and strap one to the top of the jeep.

We've spent way too much money driving back and forth from the mountains this semester, but I am hooked on the little towns that have captured my heart. I can't seem to come to terms with the fact that I've already moved back to Charlotte.

Oh - I am officially graduating next weekend!! So, it's back up highway 421 we will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment