05 October 2011

Fall in Love.

*Photos from my past two years at Appalachian

I'm considerably jealous that Fall is much more "in season" two hours up the road in Boone, than it is in Charlotte.

I miss the way the sunlight bounces off the side of a mountain and lights up it's changing leaves to resemble a sea of fruity pebbles.

I miss apple season in the mountains - Pink Ladies, Jonagolds, and Cameos, oh my!

I miss my little college campus, nestled between rolling hills.

I miss the Tomato Shack down highway 105.

I miss the Linn Cove Viaduct.

I miss the fall inspired pastries at Stick Boy.

I miss the Boone Antique Mall.

I miss Woodlands bbq and corn nuggets.

I miss the distinct, smokey autumn air.

I miss baking parties with my roommates.

I miss the Happy Appys that sing on the street corner and walk around barefoot, no matter the weather.

And I will forever miss the blessing of being able to drive 15 minutes to the parkway, sit on top of the jeep, and witness the most breathtaking sunsets you'll ever see. Fall sunsets are my favorite.



I just might move back so I don't have to miss those things.
But then, I would just miss all of my blessings at home.
Having a home away from home is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment