18 September 2011

Rain clouds and Carnies.


Saturday was spent at the Cabarrus County Fair. The 25 degree drop in temperature this weekend made funnel cakes and hot fudge all the more appealing. I saw hay bales and pumpkins around every corner. The food carts sold hot chocolate and apple cider, fried dough and snow cream. And let's be serious - you can't walk through (or walk by, if you're a fraidy cat like me) a haunted house when it feels like summer time. It's just not the same.

Some might say it was just a storm front coming through. I say it was Fall, nestling it's way into our hearts a little early. I sure can't complain. Although, ugg-clad fair goers were everywhere. It is not winter yet, folks. Uggs should be reserved for snowstorms, and trips to Walmart. (Okay, can't lie. I own more than one pair, and I'll inevitably wear them again but I think I've seen enough from living in Boone.)



Dearest Fall - when you finally arrive, please do stick around.  I will eagerly welcome you with open arms and a mug of hot tea. Your crunchy leaves and blissful breeze are my favorite. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment