30 September 2011

Amelie's.


If I had to pick a favorite place in Charlotte, Dilworth would come in as a close second.

In first place, I would choose NoDa. If not for it's eclectic atmosphere and colorful outward appearance alone, then for the restaurant and store names. Most of them are a clever play on words (Salvador Deli, The Evening Muse, etc.) Oh, and did I mention that it is home to my happy place - Amelie's bakery. You walk through the door and are instantly transported to Paris. I really need a door like that in my house.

Caroline and I spent some time there yesterday. We decided that eating dessert first can always be deemed appropriate. It prevents over-eating at dinner! We ordered one pistachio macaron, one passion fruit torte, one caramel salted brownie (duh) and one cream puff - along with a hot vanilla nut tea (for myself) and a lavendar lemonade (for caroline). Yep, that would be a mouthful of deliciousness.

What was for dinner, you ask? Nutella and banana crepes. I was feeling particularly french last night (and gluttonous). BUT - I only ate half of my meal, so our plan worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment