02 July 2011

Sleep

....is about the only healthy thing that I did NOT do this week. I am a night owl, so I find it difficult to fall asleep early. Not ideal - especially when I have to wake up at 6am and work out for nine hours straight. Yes, you read that right. Work out. Nine hours. Straight. Compliments of my exercise science practicum. I am physically and mentally exhausted. Atleast there are benefits- including working with fun friends, and free Zumba classes!

Still.. come 10pm, there always seems to be a load of laundry to be washed, or a Food Network marathon to be viewed. Needless to say, I'm very thankful for the weekend. Today I slept in until 1:30pm and I'm not ashamed.

A few happy things from the week:

A sweet old man cut me a rose from his flower garden on Thursday! It's yellow and pink and still in full bloom.

I also discovered the super-food called Spirulina. I can already tell that I'm going to be on a Green-Monster Smoothie kick. Oh, the ways that hippie-town Boone has changed me..

No comments:

Post a Comment