03 July 2011

Red, White and Blue.


Bud had to go home last night, so we celebrated the Fourth of July early. On Friday, we decided to go see Boone's almost famous Revolutionary War Reenactment. The perfect way to celebrate Independance Day, right? It involved fake indians, lots of singing, a wedding, fire dancing and hoola hoops. I'm still not sure how those things related.

We awkwardly laughed a lot. Bud was disappointed because they only had two 30-second battle scenes.

We also drove out to the Habitat for Humanity house that he has been working on this summer. I'm so proud, even though it involves him running around on the roof, and playing with a nail gun - both of which would freak me out if I was there to witness.

This afternoon, I plan on finding a big shady tree and reading the day away. I'm not taking advantage of a single minute of this long weekend. Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment