27 July 2011

Highlights from Flo-rida.


Last Monday, we loaded up the car at 7am and began our long car ride to paradise. We spent a few days at the tip of Florida before the cruise.

Bud drove the entire way down. I accidently slept. I would doze off for half an hour, abruptly wake up, pretend that I hadn't been sleeping, get caught, feel bad, tell him I'm sorry that I'm not a very good passenger, tell myself that I wouldn't fall asleep again, and then 2 minutes later... ZzzzZzzzZzzz. Repeat cycle for nearly 10 straight hours. He's a trooper!

Upon arrival, we instantly fell in love with the town of Delray Beach.

As someone who has a slight case of beachaphobia - sharks, murky water, rip currents, stepping on seashells, salt in my eyes, sun burns, and sunglass tans - I was surprised by how much I enjoyed myself. We spent nearly all of our beach time in the water (Bud was on the lookout for Katie-eating sharks with his snorkle gear). It was a perfect pre-vacation before the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment