09 May 2011

Mums. (pun intended)

Well these are not exactly mums, but are they not gorgeous? Perfect fleurs for Mother's Day. If I could start my career path over, I would simply become a jack of all trades and open up a boutique that sells everything that I love - including fresh cut flowers, scrapbook paper, craft supplies, scarves, nail polish, (and...icecream? yes, duh). 

We brought this bouquet home from the farmer's market yesterday, hoping to display them in the kitchen. Of course - Ricky likes to eat flowers, so they have been moving from room to room, trying to find safety. They've been everywhere that you can't enjoy their prettiness.. the hall closet, the laundry room, the bathroom, the basement, etc. The darn cat climbs tall furniture without claws - impressive.

We also took a pit stop at JR's dairy bar on the way home. Their towering soft serve cones are one of my favorite childhood memories! I can happily say that this weekend was dedicated to celebrating my sweet mamma. (Hey mom! I know you're reading this. Love ya).

No comments:

Post a Comment