05 May 2011

Highlights from the week. (Heading home!)


1. A pile of spring clothes. Exciting for two reasons. One, because it's finally warm enough to pull out my warm weather wardrobe and obsess over all of the clothes I've missed for the past 8 months. Two, because it means that I packed up most of my life and headed home for a long and much needed break!

2. Goodbye Boone, Hello Parkway! The fact that my typical two hour drive back into Charlotte turned into a nearly four hour drive (thanks to some unexpected and unexplained detours...) doesn't matter. I am home.

3. I bought a "mini" Orchid. I just realized that I have never owned a potted anything of my own, and if I can't have a kitten, this will have to do. It's pretty, let's hope it stays alive for more than a week.

4. Greetings from a sleepy furball.

5. Oh, the luxury of eating real food! In my bed. In my pajamas.

Honorable Mentions:

1. I finally saw Water for Elephants and now I can fully understand why people obsess over Robert Pattison. This movie proves that he is not only limited to playing a teenage-dreamy vampire. I'm kind of bummed that I didn't get around to reading the book first, but I've heard the movie compares well.

2. A perfectly cozy southern dinner at Knight's on Main in Blowing Rock, after getting caught raincoat and umbrella-less when the sky fell out.

No comments:

Post a Comment