01 May 2011

Grandfather knows best.


If you had asked me two years ago, I wouldn't have considered myself as someone that loves to be outside. (Like I've said, I like to be cozy). In some ways, living in Boone has definitely changed my perspective. Not that I'm an avid outdoorswoman, by any means. Bugs and snakes, poison ivy, rocky cliffs, sore muscles, dehydration, and terrifying heights are not a few of my favorite things.

At the same time, the Appalachian Mountains have a unique and raw beauty that you can't find anywhere else. Breathtaking views that suddenly put everything else into perspective. Suddenly, all of my problems seem so small. It doesn't even matter that my camera dramatically fell into the only puddle of water on the entire mountain. (Uh, but what are the odds? Just my luck. Don't worry mom, it's still miraculously working!)

Sarcasm aside, I am beyond blessed to call this place my home away from home. One of them, atleast. Charleston, you're up high on that list.

Bud and I spent Saturday at Grandfather Mountain. A much needed break in the middle of exams. We're working hard to visit every touristy spot before it's time to move back to Charlotte and join the grown up world. Plus - they had Cinnamon Black Bears, and I wanted to take one home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment