27 March 2011

Friends, food, fun (and rain).


The rainy, gloomy weekend weather that we had would typically be accompanied by a lazy, gloomy mood (even the cute pup was sleepy). Funny how rain can do that to you. Still, something about it was inviting and comfortable.

This is more than likely due to wonderful friends, craft nights, antique shopping, and red velvet cupcakes (along with a Pancake Dinner to support Prevent Child Abuse America). I'm officially jealous of Kristin's distressed blue nightstand that she scored for only $22! Lucky duck. I didn't walk away empty handed though - my vintage enamel baking tin is anxiously awaiting me to whip up something fudgey. I believe that my boyfriend is anxiously awaiting it as well.

Also, I finally watched Never Let Me Go. It was a dark and heartbreaking, yet compelling and beautiful story - the exact kind of movie that you should watch on a rainy weekend. I'm still thinking about it, instead of thinking about school work.

No comments:

Post a Comment