13 March 2011

Charleston cuisine.

One of the best parts of going on vacation is the excuse to eat out for every meal, wouldn't you agree? Despite my aunt's determination to cook for us, we couldn't let her to do that (trust me, she is an amazing southern cook.. it was a difficult offer to turn down). We lucked out with our choice of restaurants. I left Charleston in a food coma that has yet to leave.

 

We're tough critics when it comes to pizza. I have yet to find one that tops Mellow Mushroom's Magical Mystery Tour Pizza (pesto, spinach, feta, portobellos, and jalapenos). Monza Pizza comes very close. It's conveniently located on King Street (does every town have a King Street?) and offers a variety of different toppings. I chose the P83 - with mozzarella, gorgonzolla, grape tomatoes, and bacon. Dee-lish. I ate all 12 inches of it.


Another favorite restaurant find? Fuel - an old gas station that was restored, and turned into a Caribbean Cantina. It seems as if the rest of Charleston was on the same page, considering the place was packed.


The plantain fritters tasted like dessert :)

No comments:

Post a Comment