04 September 2012

I love you, a bushel and a peck.


Fall means festivals and festivals mean fall. The NC Applefest was this past weekend and you know me - I'll take any excuse to travel up towards Western North Carolina. Things that could have kept me away, but didn't: A stormy radar and my unfortunate cinnamon allergy. Those apple turnovers looked so wonderful...

Hendersonville, NC. I've never seen a town that was more proud of it's apples. Funny enough, our relentless quest to find Pink Ladies ended with - not a bushel and peck - but a turtle caramel apple from Kilwin's and the sad news that Pink Ladies are not quite in season.

I'm going to make it a top priority to hit all sorts of 'fests' this season. The Yiasou Greek Festival, the Lexington BBQ Festival, and of course - the Carolina Balloon Festival are all coming up! Yay! Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment