23 September 2012

Ambitious.

We felt rather ambitious waking up at 5:30am on a Saturday to go estate/yard saling, but the sleep deprivation was worth it. Saturdays are normally my sleep-in days.

I mapped it out the night before, because I'm a planner - and good thing! Sale number one was a huge success. Meredith found an old trunk for fifteen dollars. Fifteen dollars!! That, and a garden rake to display necklaces, a wooden picture frame to distress, and some cute antique china. I found two old enamel milk pails that will make perfect vases for wild flowers, and a floral mug. Sales number two and number three were quickly bypassed for number four - a community sale in South Charlotte that was another success. Let's just say my (non-existent) kitchen is happily stocked.

After a morning filled with coffee, yard sales and a trip around Festival in the Park, we went back home and crafted til the day's end. It was 9pm and we were still wood-staining the trunk outside. Seriously, longest day ever - but best day ever.
 

The cake stand (or, jewelry stand) - one of my favorite gifts to make and give. Ever since I discovered this simple craft, I've been hard pressed not to attach a candle stick to every antique plate that I come across. Not good for my collection of mismatched china, which is slowing transitioning into a collection of cake stands - but I think I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment