15 August 2012

Georgia's peach of a beach.

The beach is always a good idea. I've grown to like the smell of pluff mud. Sun-kissed skin. Kite flying. Lots of balcony sitting, especially during the nightly thunderstorms. More than one seafood dinner. Deviled crab, oysters, hush puppies, and fried shrimp.

 
Thanks to the real world that I've been living in for the past half-year, I am slowly becoming a morning person. I actually like the thought of being a morning person. Morning light warms my soul as it bleeds through the curtains. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Hot tea is usually my beverage of choice. The thought of a clean slate - a brand new day - is refreshing.

Each morning, I woke up by 6:20am to ensure that I would catch the sunrise coming up over the water. My vacation-brain would quickly remind me that vacations were, in fact, for sleeping in. 9am sounded better. 9am is very early for this girl, even if the sun doesn't think so.



Something ironic - our beach vacations always seem to fall during Shark Week, which does nothing but confirm my hesitation towards walking out into the water further than ankle-deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment