25 August 2012

Freedom Park picnic for four.


In elementary school, I had an hour long bus ride. I would always fall asleep and wake up just as we were coming around the bend off I-277. As we would pass this huge oak tree, I knew we only had a few more minutes before making it to school. We would also pass the Mecklenburg Aquatic Club, with a giant wave on the side of the building. I used to think that wave was a scary sea-monster.

Now I pass that same tree and sea-monster on my way to work everyday. Everything is the same and yet everything is different.

I remember taking field trips to Freedom Park. A picnic in the park seemed like the only option on such a beautiful day like today. After lunch, we went to the nature museum because that's what we do - visit all sorts of nature preserves. I think we've walked along every board walk you can find in the south. This one had a butterfly garden. Let me just tell you how difficult it is to photograph a butterfly...

No comments:

Post a Comment