28 November 2011

Christmas Cheer.

I realize that November isn't quite over yet, but December is just around the corner. This weekend, we rang in the holiday season with high spirits and a background of Christmas music!


I decorated a little corner of my room, Charlie-Brown-style. The little Christmas tree is made out of newspaper, clay, a knitting needle, spray adhesive and lots of clear glass glitter. It turned out so cute and is much sparklier in person. Tutorial here. Next craft: fabric holiday wreath.

We took our annual Christmas card photo in our backyard. Outtakes pictured. 


We trimmed our tree! And danced around the living room. Ricky was relegated to the basement, because he was determined to eat the decorations. It might be a long month for that cat.

To top off the cheery day, I made a chocolate salted caramel tart which is currently chilling in the fridge. More about that to come if it turns out the way I want it to. I had to make more than one batch of caramel due to some fatal errors, and nearly gave up - but this family has much love for salted caramel so giving up wasn't an option. Luckily, the final product is looking much better than I thought it would. I have big plans to dedicate an entire day to holiday baking very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment