18 October 2011

Marshmallows.


Marshmallows are cute and sweet, and therefore - one of my favorite treats. I've discussed my love for them many a time, including here and here.

I'll take them in any form. Roasted over a fire pit until they are flaming and burnt. Sandwiched between two grahams and a chocolate bar. On a fondue stick, dipped in warm milk chocolate. Melted into Rice Crispie Treats. Shaped like a sugar-coated chick. You name it.

I had never thought about making them myself until recently. You have to admit, everything is better homemade. I followed this recipe from Smitten Kitchen. She is coming out with a cook book next year, and I cannot wait! The process was time consuming, but very easy and worth the wait. The end products (All 96 of them...yeah) look like little fluffy clouds. I can't wait to sip some hot chocolate tonight and every night until they are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment