05 June 2011

Vino.


What to do when the popular Childress Vineyards is just too far away for a day trip? Google local winerys and be thankful that you live in the Yadkin Valley.

On a whim, my roommate and I decided to celebrate my birthday by going to a wine tasting. We googled. We found. We left. We forgot the name. We winged the entire rest of the trip. We didn't care. We had fun! We also invited one of my favorite people, ever.. who happened to live 20 minutes away!

Thank goodness for a reliable GPS. We arrived at Hanover Park Vineyards at the perfect time of day. It didn't take long for us to fall completely in love. Acres of baby grapes. Southern hospitality. Sunshine. Bumble bees. Turquoise picnic tables. A rustic house with distressed charm, a front porch, and a cute pup named pearl. We sat in the rocking chairs for hours, just talking and catching up. Then, we each tried 5 different wines. After this tasting, my trip to Biltmore's winery was put in the back of my mind. A small, family-owned and operated vineyard is the way to go. We were more than happy to support them. I walked away with a smile on my face, a bottle of blueberry vino, and another trip planned in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment