26 June 2011

Carolina Beach Camping.


Mountain camping and beach camping are two completely opposite experiences. After this weekend, I'm not sure which one I love more. A group of my friends from college and I road-tripped halfway across the state to Carolina Beach for a full day of beach bummin' that overlapped into the next morning. It was one of the most enjoyable weekends I've had lately. Although, you might not think that after reading what happened..

First lesson learned? Beware of getting a spray tan 3 hours before you drive to the beach. It doesn't matter if your roommate is a spray tan technician and she sweetly offers them for free. You might end up looking like an actress from a gatorade commercial after you leave the water.

Lesson number two? There is no need for high speed when you are driving on the beach. Note picture number 4 - air born! I have a bruised eye and lingering headache to prove it. Whiplash aside, it was actually a fun ride. We laughed a lot.

Lesson number three? Make sure you check your tent before packing it up. The bag might be missing directions, plus a pole or twelve. Consequences? Sleeping in the 4runner. 

Lesson number four? Don't necessarily trust your camping neighbors. Kelsey and I woke up at 3am to a shaking car and a knife fight ourside our doors. Cholos vs. Rednecks. I'm not positive they knew we were sleeping inside, but that really doesn't matter. Please picture me looking out the passenger side window, half clueless and crying. We locked the doors, called the police and flashed our hazards at them. Take that, bullies!

The entire ride home was spent laughing at the weekend. Luckily the happy moments outweighed the life threatening ones. I could definitely get used to waking up to an ocean sunrise everyday (last pic). I am so blessed to have amazing friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment